Wednesday, November 11, 2015

IRB Post #2 - Unbroken

For my second IRB of the year, I've decided to stay on the course of World War II books, and have chosen Unbroken written by Laura Hillenbrand. In a biography on Louis Zamperini, we will learn about his life as a track star, along with his life as a prisoner of war in Japanese Internment Camps. Hillenbrand will go in depth on how he went from a nobody, to eventually one of the greatest runners of his time; taking us through his experience as an Olympian trying to set the world record for fastest mile time. In addition, the audience will also learn about his historic survival after being stranded for 47 days in the Pacific. I have chosen to read this biography due to the fact that I am an avid fan of WWII stories, but this one in particular stood out to me due to Louis' unique background before enlisting in the military. By reading this book, I hope to gain is to learn more about life as a WWII soldier, and to also learn the ideals of how perseverance and determination leads to the unlikely survival of a man in harsh conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment